County Counsel / Personnel Building
County Civic Center 2900 West Burrel Avenue
Visalia, California 93291-4583
Phone (559) 636-4950 FAX (559) 737-4319
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM Monday - Thursday
8 AM - Noon Friday
(Closed on Holidays)
Harold Wood | Chief Deputy, Schools
John Rozum | Chief Deputy, Protective Services
Deanne Peterson | Chief Deputy, Labor / Employment
Julia Roberts | Chief Deputy, Resource
Robyn Henry | Risk Manager
Teresa Saucedo | Chief Deputy, Litigation
About Tulare County Counsel
The office of County Counsel renders legal services to the county. This includes representing and advising the officers and employees of the county in matters of civil concern. The County Counsel does not provide legal advice to private citizens of the county. The Office of County Counsel also represents other public agencies when not in conflict with its primary duty to represent the county and its Board of Supervisors. Other public agencies include but are not limited to the courts, the judges, certain special districts, the County Superintendent of Schools, 48 school districts, a community college district, and a variety of special districts and joint powers agencies located within the County of Tulare.
To meet the legal and risk management challenges facing the County of Tulare in partnership with our clients.
To provide quality and innovative services to the benefit of our clients and which support the public good.
To realize our vision and to accomplish our mission, our commitments are:
- To strive for excellence in all that we do.
- To act at all times as professionals.
- To be responsive to our clients' need for service and assist our clients in meeting objectives which advance their best interests.
- To use new technology and management innovation to maintain and improve our delivery of services.
- To be effective by the constructive use of time.
- To work together as team with a positive manner and attitude, both within the office and in partnership with our clients.
- To be proactive and innovative in our delivery of services.
- To learn from our clients about their needs and limitations, and to educate our clients about our needs and limitations, to provide the best service possible.
- To maintain a "can do" attitude and healthy perspective toward any challenge that confronts us.
- To exemplify integrity by keeping our commitments.